Our Health & Safety Program
Safety First - "Do It Safely and Do It Right...the First Time, Every Time."
ABC/OSHA National S.T.E.P. Awards
EC Electric has earned a Platinum or Gold ABC/OSHA National Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) Award every year since 1999. These awards are recognition by OSHA and industry peers for “exemplary” safety policy and practices.
The Health and Safety Program
The health and safety of our employees is the top priority of the EC Electric management team. Key points of our Health and Safety Mission are to:
• embrace a “health and safety first” culture
• provide a healthy and safe work environment
• promote safe work practices
• comply with all government safety regulations
At EC Electric, our Health and Safety Program provides the proper training and work practices as well as the tools, equipment and PPE required for our employees to safely perform their work tasks. Sample topics covered within our Health and Safety Program include the following:
• Health & Safety Awareness
• Alcohol & Drug Free Workplace
• Hazard Communication Program
• Respiratory Protection Program
• Accident Investigation & Reporting
• Confined Space Entry
• Electrical Safety
• Emergency Preparedness
• Equipment, Tools & Vehicles
• Excavation & Trenching
• Fall Protection
• Fire Prevention
• First Aid/CPR/AED
• General Health & Safety Requirements
• Hazardous Substances
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Plant & Wellsite Safety Standards
• Project Specific Safety Planning
• Job Hazard Analyses
Employees are expected to take ownership of, and be accountable for, their own health and safety in addition to the health and safety of the entire job site work force. This responsibility is fostered through employee involvement in weekly toolbox safety meetings, training sessions and all other aspects of our program. Each member of the EC Electric team is strongly encouraged to “walk the talk” all day, every day.
EC Electric is a member of the following organizations: National Safety Council and the National Fire Protection Association.